How to Export an Invoice from QuickBooks to Excel?
Do you know how to export an invoice from QuickBooks to Excel or import Excel into QuickBooks invoice? If you have no idea about that, we are here to guide you through this blog. This guide covers a number of ways to import or export QuickBooks invoices. Let’s read about them.
Different Ways of Importing and Exporting QuickBooks Invoice
QuickBooks offers various ways to export or import certain types of data information. Speaking of exporting, you can export the Excel sheet of Vendors, Customers, Register Transactions, and Ledger Accounts.
Furthermore, you can import particular data to your QuickBooks program. For instance, invoices can be imported and exported from/to an Excel file. To be precise, we are here to explain the whole procedure of QuickBooks export invoice details to Excel and QuickBooks import invoices from Excel.
How to Export Invoices from QuickBooks Online to Excel?
Users cannot transfer the invoices between the two accounts at once. However, you can manually enter the data into your QuickBooks account.
Besides that, using the Export to Excel feature or third-party applications can really help you to export the invoices to Excel. To know how to export invoices from QuickBooks Online to Excel, you can carry out these steps:
Export Invoices through the Sales by Customer Detail Report
- Click on the “Reports” tab and select “Sales & Sales by Customer Detail”.
- Now, open the report.
- Here, you can use a filter for finding a specific customer.
- Then, choose the “Date Range” located on the top.
- Customize your report by using other filters to bring relevant results to the screen.
- Now, click on the “Customize Report”.
- A window will appear to “Modify the Report”. Here, select the “Filters” tab.
- For a particular customer, select the “Name” located on the left. Then, choose one customer name or click on the “Multiple Names” option.
- Once it modifies the “Sales by Customer Detail” report for the selected customer, you can click on the “Excel” option.
This will export the invoices for specified customers into an Excel sheet. You will also see the option if you want to export the data into a new worksheet or update the existing one.
Export Invoices by using Run Report Feature
- Click on the “Report” option.
- In the search box, enter the “Invoice List”.
- Hit the “Enter” key.
- Now, customize the “Report Period”.
- Click the “Run Report” button.
- Now, click on the “Export” button on the report page.
- Then, choose the “Export to Excel” option.
Once you export the invoices to Excel successfully, you can visit your existing account so that you can attach your transactions. Here are the steps for that:
- Click on the ”Settings”.
- Go to the “All Lists” option under the “Lists” menu.
- Click on the “Attachments”.
Export Invoices by Downloading JSON File
- Download the invoice in the JSON file.
- Now, open the new Excel sheet.
- Click on the “Data” tab using the ribbon icon.
- Select the “Get Data” option.
- Click “From File”.
- Then, choose the “From JSON” dropdown.
- Now, pick the “JSON” file you downloaded earlier.
- Hit the “Import” button. This will open the “Power Query Editor”.
- Click on the “Queries” on the left.
- Then, click right on the query and then select the “Advanced Editor”.
- Here, you can copy the code and paste it below.
- Then, hit the “Done” button. Make sure the JSON file name is correct.
- Click the “Close & Load” button located on the left. This will put the data into an Excel file.
Now, you have learned how to export an invoice from QuickBooks to Excel by using Customer Detail Report, Run Report Feature, and using a JSON file.
How to Import Invoices into QuickBooks Desktop from Excel?
To import Excel into QuickBooks invoice, you are required to use the third-party application as QuickBooks does not support the import feature. If you want to import QuickBooks invoice to Excel, you can do the following:
- Sign in to the “QuickBooks account”.
- Click on the “Apps” on the left.
- Then, click on the “Browse category” drop-down.
- Now, click on the “Data Sync” option from the “Browser category”.
- Select the app to see the overview.
If you are receiving QuickBooks invoices from the bank statement then using the WebConnect feature will be beneficial. Here are the steps for that.
- Click on the “Gear” icon located on the top right.
- Click on the “Import Data”.
- Select the “Bank Data” option.
- Now, choose a file by clicking on the “Browse” button.
- Hit the “Next” button.
- Here, choose the QuickBooks account for your bank file that you wish to upload.
- Click “Next”.
- Now, map the columns and choose the transactions that you wish to import.
- Click the “Done” button.
Once you are done following these steps, you can view your invoices in your QuickBooks account.
Tip: You can use smart tools to import and export the QuickBooks invoices such as Business Importer. By using this tool, all you have to do is select your file, start mapping, preview, and import/export.
To Wind Up
QuickBooks does not provide any direct option to import and export the invoices or transactions. With the help of third-party tools, you can make this task easier. In this guide, we have given the best ideas to you for QuickBooks export invoice details to Excel and QuickBooks import invoices from Excel.
Hopefully, you have understood how to export an invoice from QuickBooks to Excel or import Excel into QuickBooks invoice. For any questions, let us know in the comment box.