QuickBooks often encounters errors that affect your business operations. The QuickBooks error code 102 is one such common error. It does not let you access the bank website. If you are wondering what are the ways to fix QuickBooks error code 102 (aka QuickBooks Online Bank Account Error 102), we will help you with this guide.
What is QuickBooks Online Bank Account Error 102?
As the error code suggests, QuickBooks error code 102 is a fault related to your bank website. If the bank website is under maintenance, you will find such errors while trying to log in to the bank account.
QuickBooks Online bank account error 102 can also arise when there is a server issue while transferring the data between the reporting agency and the bank website. However, these server problems or technical glitches can be resolved easily.
What Causes QuickBooks Error Code 102?
QuickBooks banking error is caused by several factors. Some of the leading causes are:
- Problems related to the Internet browser options.
- Damaged network equipment.
- Wireless network problems with your operating system.
- There are many meta_plugin downloaded on your network browser.
- Other error codes such as 404 can also cause 102 errors.
What Are the Symptoms of QuickBooks Error Code 102?
- You may confront program lock-ups.
- The Windows system may crash.
- Users may also encounter a blue screen of death.
- Errors while installing programs.
- Your computer performance starts degrading.
- Users encounter problems during Windows startup and shutdown.
How to Fix QuickBooks Error Code 102
Banking errors can be fixed if they are caused by your bank. But, in case, you don’t receive any notifications or alerts and the website is not even under maintenance, then there are other ways you should try using such as updating your bank account manually, verifying the credit card or bank website, and checking the bank messages.
Let’s check these methods with a step by step guide right here!
Fix 1: Update Bank Connection Manually
When you confront QuickBooks Online bank account error 102, you can update your bank connection manually. This procedure includes a number of ways such as updating QuickBooks Online, QuickBooks Self-Employed, automatic updates, and manual updates. Here is how to do this.
Check QuickBooks Online Account Updates
If you think your banking website is not going under maintenance then you should update your QuickBooks Online account. For that, you can do the following:
- Login to your QuickBooks Online.
- Go to the “Transactions” or “Banking” menu.
- Hit the “Update” button.
Refresh QuickBooks Self Employed Account
If you use a QuickBooks Self-Employed account then you can do the following to refresh your bank account:
- Login to your QuickBooks Self-Employed.
- Go to the “Profile” icon located on the top right.
- Then, click on the “Bank Accounts”.
- Hit the “Refresh all” button.
Some of the accounts require manual updates. However, most accounts may work with automatic updates. But if you think there is no automatic update in the notification area then you can check for a manual update.
- Click on the “Banking” option located on the left.
- If you wish to update some of the accounts then click on the “Unwanted” accounts.
- Hit the “Update Now” button.
- If your screen prompts then add your credentials for “Multi-Factor Authentication (MFA)”.
- Then, click the “Continue” button.
The automatic updates usually start at 3 AM (Pacific time). In case QuickBooks Online Server fails to get the recent update information for a particular account then it may try to update up to five-time in the next 5 hours.
Users can enable or disable Auto Update. However, users cannot have control of what specific items are being installed or available to add to your bank register.
To know the exact time of bank updates, you can follow the steps:
- Click on the “Banking” located on the left.
- Click on the “Update” option located on the top right.
- In the “Last Updated” column, you can check the date or time of your recent update.
By following these steps, you can fix the error. In case you are still confronting QuickBooks Online bank account error 102, you should wait for 2-3 hours more. Thereafter, you can proceed with the same steps.
Method 2: Verify the Credit Card or Bank Website
If you are continually facing QuickBooks error code 102 then you should check the URL provided by your bank if it is working fine or if there is any update related to maintenance. This is what you need to do:
- Launch the web browser.
- Now, log in to your credit cards or bank website.
- Once logged in, check for the new notifications, messages, or alerts. This will help you to know if there is any news from the bank.
- Verify the account pages again, transactions, and account history.
After verifying your bank account, if you don’t find anything news related to the error then this must be an issue related to the connection.
Method 3: Check the Login Information
In this method, you are required to check the bank website if you can log in with your credentials. If you fail to connect with the bank then you should consider the following steps:
- Click on the “Banking” option on the left menu.
- In case you have not linked your bank before then you can look for the name of the financial institution.
- And, if you have already added your bank then hit the “Add Account” option located on the top right and search for your bank.
- Choose the financial institution from the available list.
- Now, enter the “User ID” and “Password” for your “Financial Institution” website.
- Hit the “Continue” button.
- Here, you can complete the security verification steps.
- Then, select the “Connect” securely.
- Click on the bank symbol of the bank you want to connect to. This is located on the left of your account.
- Now, choose the account type using the dropdown menu.
- Then select your credit card or bank account. In case you don’t have an account then click the “Add New” button to create a new bank account.
- When you join the account, QuickBooks automatically download the online transactions of the last 90 days. It also downloads credit card and banking transactions.
- Select the “Connect” button.
Once the download process is finished, you will see the banking page. In the Review tab, you will find the downloaded transaction from the financial institution. Here, you can review, accept, and classify the QuickBooks.
In case your bank account is not listed then you can connect it. Also, if you require more than 90 days then you can download the transaction from the website of your bank. Later, you can upload the data to your QuickBooks Online.
Method 4: Review the Bank Notifications
When you encounter such errors on your screen, it is suggested to check the bank notifications. All you have to do is visit the bank website and look for the messages, notifications, and warnings from your bank website. In addition, check your account summary, account transaction, and history of your account. Probably these notifications will help you find if your bank has released any changes.
Method 5: Ensure Your Account Is Not a New to Your Bank
The user often receives QuickBooks error code 102 if your account is very new to the bank. In addition, some accounts don’t work with online banking. If that is the case, one must contact the credit card or bank. You can also wait for your bank to take further actions so that your issues can be resolved.
Banking error is common to encounter. By visiting the URL provided by the bank, you can identify if your bank website is working fine. In addition, you can perform other troubleshooting methods such as updating their bank account manually, verifying the credit card or bank website, checking the bank messages, and ensuring that your account is not new to your bank.
Hopefully, you have gotten rid of QuickBooks error code 102. If you have any query let us know in the comment box.
For more guides on QuickBooks errors, you can check out the following links: