QuickBooks, as we all know, is software to manage all kinds of financial domains of both small and large enterprises. When it gets bugged by the QuickBooks error 12152, it may be unable to run its functions. Your PC can start showing some typical issues while this error is encountered. Your system may also encounter a crash while running a program window.
The 12152 error may be a consequence of QuickBooks not being properly updated or the API of Windows being non-functional. As you can understand, updating this accounting software is one way of troubleshooting this QB error. Checking the date and time settings as well as reinstalling QuickBooks can also solve this issue.
What is the QuickBooks Error 12152?
In QuickBooks, the coming of the error 12152 indicates that while updating the problem, some trouble was faced. Due to the QuickBooks error 12152, the software is unable to connect to the server in a proper way. As a result of the same issue, updates are also unable to get installed on the system.
Main Causes of the QuickBooks Update Error 12152
There are many causes that can lead to the QuickBooks update error 12152. Let us have a look at them.
- QuickBooks may not be able to access your data related to license read/write features.
- The API keys of Windows may be unable to function as expected.
- An older and out-of-date version of QuickBooks may be the reason for this error.
- When QuickBooks isn’t correctly installed on the user system, the QuickBooks update error may occur.
- Due to low anti-virus security, some viruses may have attacked your system. They may be leading to the error 12152 in QuickBooks.
Troubleshooting Error 12152 in QuickBooks
The major fixes of the QuickBooks error 12152 include checking the date and time settings of the system. In addition, you can try checking that the internet settings are correct. If this doesn’t work, then you can always choose to restore the PC to a previously created backup point. The backup file extension must be checked if the issue of the error 12152 is still not resolved. The last resort would be to entirely reinstall or update QuickBooks.
The following subsections talk about all these fixes and related procedures in detail.
1: Verify Date and Time Settings of Your System
First of all, you will need to check on the date and time settings in the PC where QuickBooks is being used. If it is incorrect, then you will know the cause of the QB error 12152. You can go to the Settings option and correct them. On restarting the system again, the error 12152 in QuickBooks will be resolved.
The steps of this fix are as follows:
- Check if the date and time are being correctly shown on your system.
- If not, then go to “Settings” and rectify the same.
- Restart the system to check if the QuickBooks error 12152 still exists.
2: Administer Internet Settings Verification
For the above fix to work, you will need to check if the internet is connected to the system on which QB is being used. Possibly, the internet may be connected to your system but its settings may not have been verified. Thus the QuickBooks error 12152 may be emerging. Open Run and go to the Internet options. In the Advanced tab, reset the settings again for the internet after verifying them.
- Check if the system is connected to the internet.
- Open “Run”.
- Hit on “Internet Option” settings.
- Go to “Advanced Options” and reset the same.
3: Restore PC from Backup Point
In this QuickBooks update error 12152 fix, the user needs to log in as the Admin and hit the Start button. In All Programs, move to the accessories option. You will see an option of System Tools and under this, you will need to navigate to System Restore. It will prompt you with an option to restore your system to a previously known saved point. Select the desired point and click on Next to resolve the 12152 error.
- Log in as the “Admin” in your system.
- Click on the “Start” button.
- From the “All Programs” section, select “Accessories”.
- Go to the “System Restore” option available under “System Tools”.
- This pops up a new window. You can further navigate to “Restore my computer to an earlier time”.
- On clicking “Next”, you will be directed to select the last “System Restore Point”.
- Select the desired point of restoration and click on the “Next” button.
- Restart the system to check if the issue has been resolved.
4: Check if Backup File Extension is Correct
Sometimes, when your backup file extension is faulty, you may find the error 12152 in QB. To mend the same, begin this fix for the error 12152 by clicking on the Start button. Open the Command Prompt and simultaneously hit the Ctrl, Shift, and Enter keys. A pop-up will ask you for permission. Select Yes, a black box with a cursor will show up where you will be required to enter Regedit. Select the Error Code 12152 and opt for the key according to it.
You can go to the File menu and click on Export after this. Save the IE backup key from the list of saved folders. Rename the backup file with .reg as its extension. This will solve the QuickBooks error 12152 issue.
- Click on the “Start” option.
- Enter “Command” in the “Search” box.
- Press “Ctrl”+“Shift”+“Enter” keys in unison.
- Once the permission is asked for, click on “Yes”.
- A black box with a blinking cursor should show up. Here you need to type “Regedit”.
- Hit “Enter”.
- Choose “Error Code 12152” once the window opens.
- Opt for the associated key.
- Move to the “File” menu and select “Export”.
- Choose the folder from the list of saved folders, thereby saving the “IE” backup key.
- Enter the backup name as desired.
- Choose the branch from the “Export Range” box.
- Click on “Save” and save the file with “.reg” in place of its extension.
5: Uninstalling QuickBooks and Correctly Reinstalling it
A standard fix for the QB error code 12152 is to uninstall the entire application, downloading the setup, and reinstalling it again. Now, when QuickBooks starts again, it will show a list of errors. You can choose to repair all of them, along with the 12152 error, and continue having a great experience.
- Uninstall “QuickBooks”.
- Download the setup for it.
- Install the setup and then open it.
- A list of errors will pop up on your display.
- QuickBooks will give you the “Repair All” option to eliminate them. Use this option and proceed.
By following the above troubleshooting methods, we hope that you were able to resolve the QuickBooks error 12152. It is necessary to resolve this error as it hinders the daily workflow of an organization. Uninstalling the complete software and reinstalling it, however, gives an option to repair all the errors and eliminate them.
In case you have made a wrong deposit entry, you can read our latest blog on how to delete a deposit in QuickBooks. To further enhance your skills in QuickBooks troubleshooting, you can read about the QuickBooks already has a company file open 2018 error message fixes.