What is TurboTax Error Code 190 and How do I Fix it?
TurboTax allows millions of taxpayers to file federal and state taxes without any paperwork. Sometimes TurboTax comes up with technical glitches, which may include errors such as TurboTax error code 190. However, this is a temporary error that flashes on your screen when a user tries to open the company file.
What is TurboTax Error 190?
If you have been using TurboTax software for a long, you must have confronted TurboTax error code 190 especially when you file taxes. The reason for the occurrence of error 190 is that your system may be infected with virus activities or malware threats. This generally happens where the installation of a graphics driver is incorrect and as a result, it causes your system.
When you file taxes, your screen displays a warning message that states “The tax return you are attempting to load contains one or more state tax forms which are not installed on this machine. Please install state(s): to continue.”
If you encounter this error message on your computer screen, it indicates that there is a presence of TurboTax error code 190. To resolve this error you need to troubleshoot the program. Most of the errors are minor and easy to resolve only with the troubleshooting process. The troubleshooting process requires you to relaunch the TurboTax software and run Disk Clean up to clear the cache.
But before you proceed, you should be aware of the reasons for TurboTax error 190. Once you are aware of its causes, it would be easy to fix the problem.
What are the Causes of TurboTax Error 190?
It may arise for several reasons. Below are the following reasons that may be responsible for the occurrence of TurboTax error 190.
- The error occurs while launching the Turbotax program on the system.
- Incorrect graphics drivers could also be the leading cause of error code 190.
- When the TurboTax program and running system program are not compatible, it may also cause error 190.
Once you are aware of the causes of code 190, you can perform the required actions to resolve the issue. Let us go through the solutions that may help you to troubleshoot the error.
How to Fix TurboTax Error 190?
To fix the error, you are required to perform simple solutions on your computer. By following these effective solutions, you will be able to resolve the error 190.
2 Easy Solutions to Resolve The Error 190
These two solutions will possibly fix the error. After you implement these solutions, your TurboTax software will start working effectively and you can file tax with no hassle. Let us look for solutions to get rid of the error.
Solution 1: Re-launch the TurboTax Software
The first solution you can begin with relaunching the software. And for that, you can follow the steps mentioned below.
- As the first step, you have to click the “Start a New Return” button.
- Next to this, you can select the “Taxes” tab of the report.
- Then, you need to save the reports by downloading them.
- After this, you can shut down your TurboTax program.
- Then, re-launch the TurboTax software.
- In the end, you can open the file (that was responsible for the error). Then, you can verify if the error is resolved.
If you find the error unresolved then you can move to try the next solution.
Solution 2: Run Disk Cleanup
In the second solution, you are supposed to free some space on your hard drive so that it can clear the error from the software.
- In the beginning, you will need to create a backup of the files and make some space on the hard drive.
- After this, you have to clean the cache and start your computer again.
- Once your system restarts, you can perform a Disk Cleanup in order to clear space on the computer. To do so, you can follow the steps mentioned below.
- As the first step, click right on the disk.
- Now you need to scroll down and click on the Properties. Doing so, a separate window will open on your computer.
- As the last step, you can select the Disk Cleanup option. The procedure may take a few seconds to be completed successfully.
As you apply the aforementioned actions, you can smoothly eliminate the error 190 in TurboTax software. It requires only two steps where you can try relaunching the software or run disk cleanup to make space in the computer’s memory. This will clear the unnecessary cache and will help you to throw the error away. If you ever see TurboTax error 190 on your system, you can follow this simple guide to fix the problem and file the tax with no technical problems.